Tuesday, September 9, 2008

MY OLYMPIC DREAM


Beijing Olympics 2008 did magic to the thoughts & actions of millions of Indians what probably neither Nehru or Gandhi could do. Yes, We as people of this nation have started to dream & think that in near future India could see more heroes coming back with that beaming smile with a medal handing on their neck.
Well, that's what has made me sleepless, dream more & turn over a hundred times . This is what my dream looks like- picture this please.............
Anju & me (don't frown, of course I had to be part of it or why would I be so restless) have to qualify for the finals of the long jump with a 6.75.........
Anju's first jump is a good one with 6.65 but the other 3 a foul............
my first jump is a staggering 6.5 but the last & final jump is 6.76............I QUALITY.......ANJU DOESN'T. All the major channels give a flash news of the latest & Iam ecstatic.
In that emphatic mood, I jump up on the bed, loose all my senses......kicks my better half ( a kick that even David Beckham would be proud off) and runs out of the room in total madness.

I dreamed this so many times that every time the phone rings these days, I feel its from the IOC( Olympic committee of India).
NDTV recently showed how P.T.Usha is struggling to keep her dream alive of an Olympic athlete from India by 2012 . She is in desperate need of corporates from anywhere to help her create a synthetic track whereby our youngsters can be at par with athletes from around the world.